Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A wonderful(ly busy) send-off

The first 6 weeks or so after graduation went by fairly quickly, I spent a lot of time cleaning and purging my belongings, preparing and having a yard sale, and moving back home.  I always had something to do, but I never felt rushed.  Then, these last 2 weeks hit me hard.  In less than 2 weeks I've been to Lexington, to Richmond 3 times, to Brodhead at least 5 times, so Bowling Green and Somerset and Renfro Valley.  I've seen lots of friends and took my nieces out for an early Birthday lunch and movie. A couple of evenings of fireworks was awesome and then I've had to settle down and pack.  That took forever!! I have no idea what my suitcases weigh, but I know that I'm only taking about half of what I'd like to have with me and I'm gonna have trouble carrying that much around with me. 

If I have internet access the next few days I'll try to post another quick update, but from what I gather I'll be so immersed in South African culture during the 2 months of training that I may not have another chance for a post.  Please bear with me, keep checking back, keep praying for me, and I'll regale you soon with stories of some of my adventures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment