Thursday, September 8, 2011

Official Peace Corps Volunteer!!

Until now, I've just been a Trainee.  But today we Swore-In and became Volunteers.  There were speeches by the American Ambassador to South Africa and the founder of Operation Hope.  It was a great day, inspiring and motivating.  Tonight I'm spending the night in Pretoria to leave on the bus bright and early tomorrow to my village.  I'll need to buy everything, like dishes and blankets and a bucket for my bucket baths.  I'm nervous to start work on Monday, but excited to meet the students. 

I have several blog posts to put up, but my phone is weird about blogger so I can't update regularly.  And today, while I'm online at the Peace Corps office, I don't have my flash drive handy.  So you'll read blogs about my first 2 months in South Africa much later.  Oh well.

Sala Sentle.  (Stay well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment