Thursday, March 24, 2011

To not put all my eggs in one basket

Several people, especially my sisters, have encouraged me to apply for other jobs after I graduate and not rely solely on the Peace Corps.  All I really want to do is join the PC, and I'm busy so I can always make up an excuse to do anything other than applying elsewhere.  But it is solid advice, no matter where I really really wanted to work I'd apply for several jobs, so I've started doing just that.  Yesterday I had a phone interview that seemed to go well, I'm moving up to their HR person for an in-person interview soon.  I've applied a online to a couple places around Atlanta, since I'll know someone in Georgia, but I've yet to hear back from any of them.  I'm considering applying for jobs in New York City, I had a great time visiting there last week and made some wonderful friends.  Maybe I'll post about that trip, and add a few pictures. :)

Graduation is in about 6 weeks; for months my friends and fellow seniors have talked about their job interviews and offers to different companies.  I just smile and nod and explain the super long application process for the PC.  I'm taking the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam in April so I can eventually be a Professional Engineer and add initials after my name on documents.  The test will be killer, but I'm kind of excited about the initials actually.

I'm really trying to focus on this semester and finishing school strong, but with my future up in the air it's hard to concentrate.  Case and point, it took my like an hour to type out these measly paragraphs for a post. Oh well, more to come next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment