Thursday, March 31, 2011

I've lost blood and skin this week

Yesterday I donated a pint of blood, so don't be too concerned about the title of this post. 

And then today I accidentally got super glue on my hands (again) that I had to peel off.  This stuff doesn't like to go peacefully, it takes a layer of skin. All thanks to my senior design, which is probably one of the most time-consuming projects of the year, one of the most messy, but definitely the most interesting.  I'm glad I've been involved with these remote controlled airplanes.

Yesterday I also had lunch with a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer and several other applicants in various stages of the application process.  It was nice to hear that I am not alone in all this waiting.  Exciting to hear that some people already know where they will be serving. But nervous to think about packing and living without what we Americans think of as "basic" essentials.  When questioned about showering and deodorant, the RPCV said "deodor-what?"  So that's definitely something I'll be sure to pack plenty of.

The next 2 weeks are going to be some of the busiest of my college career.  I'm helping organize a banquet for a club, work 20 hours this weekend, have 2 tests early next week, senior design needs to build 2 planes, and I'm taking the FE Exam next weekend.  Wish me luck with that, the Fundamentals of Engineering exam is a 8 hour test that will cover everything I (should) have learned in college.  I'm a little nervous about it, I've not studied much.  I'm less encouraged to study after one of my tenured professors announced to the whole class "Don't study, you all won't fail. Civil's fail. Electrical's fail. But Mechanicals don't fail."  I value her opinion, but that's not a risk I'm willing to take.  Time to hit the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment