Sunday, April 17, 2011

I love this song

Live Like We're Alive by Nevertheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g2T1fJtFQ
Listen to it, I'll wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g2T1fJtFQ

I especially like the lines "We're here only for a second and then we're gone when we least expect it so do more than survive. Let's live like we're alive!"

Driving with a friend this weekend, I turned the radio up loud and sang along to the chorus of this song.  We had been talking about the Peace Corps, and I was trying to explain that I know that things will change when I come back.  I know that I'll have crazy-but-impossible-to-explain experiences that will have become a part of me.  I know that joining the PC will be hard and challenge me everyday.  I know some people wont understand, but I want all of that.  I don't want to just be surviving this world, I want to really live in it, to see and experience and change it.  Years from now I want to be able to look back and be able to say more than "I heard about that," I want to tell my grandkids "I was there, and this is what I did." 

No comments:

Post a Comment