Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Coffee" with Dr. Skaggs

It's always fun when you get together with an old friend and catch up on things.  The telling of stories reminds you about what's happened in your own life and how the little things add up.  I've experienced a snowball effect with so many different aspects in my life that I didn't recognize until I was telling Jennifer about the last year or so.  I needed that. Thanks again for "coffee" (aka Pepsi and donuts).

As far as the Peace Corps goes, I finally passed the medical review process!! Celebration!!  Within the next 6 weeks I should get a letter from the Placement Office with an official invitation to serve.  After that, I'll have about 8 weeks before I leave.  It's real, it's really happening! Words cannot describe how excited I am.  :-D

One small damper on my excitement is the FE Exam this Saturday.  It's pathetic how little I've studied for this 8 hour exam, but I'm banking on UK's 98% pass rate for mechanical engineers.  I'll let you know how that goes.

To get excited again, I watched this Peace Corps PSA: http://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=resources.media.psa.television  Check it out and I hope it makes you want to sign up too!

2 comments:

  1. We'll have to have "virtual coffee" in another year -from wherever you may be!
    Thank you-it was fun! So excited for you and excited to live your adventure vicariously!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete