Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekly Challenge

My friend Atesh and I (and anyone else who wants to join) are started a new challenge each week.  Some ideas we've thrown around include: making soap, reading a classic novel, being vegan, new exercises, etc etc etc.  She's going to blog about it each week, that alone will be a challenge for her.  I'm looking forward to it, I'm looking up homemade soap recipes in another tab as I write this blog post.  If you have any ideas of things we should try please comment about it so we have lots of things to choose from. 

I've also been reading up on blogs by current and returned Peace Corps volunteers to start thinking about what I need to buy or collect to take with me abroad.  Since I'll be teaching, someone mentioned that I should bring stickers and silly bands as small rewards for my students.  I'd also like to take balloons so I can make balloon animals for the kids and embroidery thread to make friendship bracelets.  If anyone wants to donate to my collection of things to take, that would be much appreciated. 

Other than that I've had a pretty boring week.  This weekend was busy, what with the FE Exam on Saturday (that maybe went okay, minus the fire drill 90 minutes in to the 8 hour exam) and SWE Banquet on Sunday (that went great!).  Anything I have to do this week will feel like a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment