Saturday, November 12, 2011

I need SuperNanny

This 3-year-old is the most spoiled child I've ever dealt with.  He gets mad and hits or bites, and NO ONE says anything or disciplines him at all.  My mom is kinda like "boys will be boys" and laughs at his antics and disrespectful tone. 

Today Resego cried and begged at my burglar door to be let in.  I only brought him in with Lebo, his 9-year-old brother.  I was feeling sick and eating cereal, Resego tried to get a teaspoon to eat with me, and slapped my leg when I wouldn't let him.  I was about to put him outside again (I sound like I'm talking about a dog when I say this) but Lebo explained to him that I'm sick.  That didn't stop him from wanting to wallow all over me and play face-to-face. 

He got some dirt in his mouth and spit on my floor.  At least he went to the door and aimed outside when he had to pee.  Then he started to push buttons and play with my new fan, and I did put him outside.  He cried so hard he nearly passed out, and I felt heartless, but no way am I gonna tolerate this behavior.  Lebo suggested we just unplug the fan and let him play away.  I told him I wont change my room to accommodate a child when I don't have any children. 

In the main house later, I was trying to show Lebo how to tie friendship bracelets and Resego started to blow a mini-vuvuzela in my ear.  I made motions and said "ouch!" so he knew I didn't like it.  When he continued, I took his toy.  He tried to take my Nalgene in retaliation, and I put him in a chair for a time-out.  He didn't like that one bit and went to find his older cousin to tell on me. 

They came back in the room, Resego with a glass of water.  I don't know why he got mad at Lebo, but he poured the water on Lebo.  Again, none of his family said or did anything to him, they just calmly got the mop and cleaned up.  This terror child gets no discipline. 

I went to my room, and Lebo runs in for my protection because the kids are throwing a toy soccer ball at each other, hard.  I told them to leave in 2 languages, told Lebo I'm sick and they can't throw in my room.  Five minutes later Resego hits me with the ball and I keep it as I push them out.  I'm standing in my doorway still when they start throwing dirt clods.  Lebo aimed for his brother, but hits me on the knee with a clod.  And I'm done for the day, my burglar door and main door are locked. 

Lebo came knocking later, said something about a dirt clod, and when I opened the door and said "I want to hear an apology."  He didn't even know what I meant.  Resego joined him at the door to ask me to come play cards, I guess that's the closest I'll get to an apology from either of them.  Today Lebo told me that Father Christmas (he didn't recognize "Santa") doesn't come to the rural village here, but I wonder if Super Nanny would.

No comments:

Post a Comment