Monday, November 28, 2011

Party in the Pan!

So much time as passed since my last blog post because I've been hosting a guest and we stayed super busy.

Retabile, another PCV, had a security issue in her village and needed to get out of Dodge for a while.  Since my Principal and I were headed to town the next day, it was a perfect opportunity to pick her up.  She and I went to school everyday where she gave lots of classroom management advice to the teachers.  We stayed up late watching movies and talking.  Retabile got lots of unwanted attention from the Middle School boys and a little wanted attention from the AA.  She helped me talk some sense into my mom about our lack of water problem and my babysitting responsibilities at the house.  The Middle School Principal invited us home with her one evening after school, so we got to go to town and meet her family and eat a delicious meal with them. 

Thanksgiving Day for us was working at the Middle School making copies for the national examinations, then watching the Grade R (Kindergarten) Graduation at the Primary School.  Some Grade 3 and 4 Learners were dressed in Traditional Setswana costumes and dancing, I took some videos and hope to post them up this week.  After school we made apple crumble and had drinks with a friend at my place.  It was a surprisingly good Holiday. 

Retabile just left on Friday, when the Peace Corps said she was safe again.  It was a sad parting, especially by all my Principals and Educators, everyone asked why she can't just stay here too and invited her to come back soon and often.  We had some time in Vryburg to eat befure she boarded the Taxi for her 2+ hour trip home.  I had quite an adventure on the way home with 7 other people in a small car, including one drunk guy who I'm sure was saying some very inappropriate things about the American.  Just another day in the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment