Sunday, January 15, 2012

Belated Christmas Presents

I’d been procrastinating a trip to the post office to see if I had any Christmas mail, but I’d finally decided to go when my Principal, David, calls and says we need to meet at school for work.  I negotiate some work time for a trip to the post office, and off we went!  I actually accomplished very little at school, just enough to know that we’ll be hosting a camp for 12-15 outstanding students next week, and that it would be nice if I’d prepare some games for them.  We rush to the post office before it closes and wait in line for me to find 3 packages!!  I have to pay a small customs fee, buy some extra stamps, and proudly carry out the physical proof that people love me. 
At home, Lebo helps me carry in the packages, and to him this means he deserves a treat from inside them. I open the box first, I know it’s full of books my sister sent.  Also included were two small wrapped packages of Christmas presents for Lebo and Resego.  They got a kick out of unwrapping presents (that doesn’t happen in the villages) and discovered new toys.  They each had a bag of McDonald’s Happy Meal toys and random little plastic dinosaurs or lizards that my niece wanted to send them.  They were very grateful and immediately started to play and plan how to scare their granny with the lizards.  I shooed them out so I could open my presents in private.
My mom sent 2 envelopes and divided stuff between them very well.  I got sunflower seeds (I’m addicted), chocolate pudding powder, cards, head bands, pancake mix, biscuit and gravy mix, random things she’s gotten while couponing, a new Nalgene that glows in the dark and was stuffed full of pixie sticks.  Awesomeness in 2 envelopes.  Thanks, Mom, I love you!!
The box of books was also my nieces, stuff she’s outgrown but my school here desperately needs.  There are a few little toys here and there too, mostly soccer related that I’ll have to hide from Lebo or he’ll just walk out of my room with them and not think twice.  I am letting him borrow one book at a time until I take them all to school; the first thing he chose was an Activity Book.  So thanks, sister and niece!!

No comments:

Post a Comment